Resident Bill of Rights
As members of the NCRPA/NAA, we take pride in providing quality
Rental homes for our residents. We value our residents and recognize our partnership with them in maintaining the rental housing industry. We believe residents should be aware of their right in this partnership.
Therefore, know that:
- A resident has the right to be treated fairly and equitably when applying for, living in, and vacating a rental residence.
- A resident has the right to be given notice prior to any entrance into a rental residence by a rental property owner or manager, except in an emergency.
- A resident has to right, upon written request to the rental property owner or manager, to a prompt response to requests for repairs.
- A resident has the right to a written notice from the rental property owner or manager prior to any rent adjustment.
- A resident has the right to the return of any security deposit that may have been collected by the rental property owner or manager and a good faith accounting of any charges against that deposit within 21 days after the rental residence has vacated.